Date & Venue:
Wintergreen is the weekend of January 29-31, 2016. All dances and workshops will be held at the elegant Emerson Center for the Arts and Culture at 111 South Grand Avenue. Within walking distance of historic downtown Bozeman, Montana, the Emerson features a spacious ballroom with a beautiful wood dance floor.
In an effort to keep Wintergreen affordable and fun, we are offering a special early-bird discount this year (even lower than the normal early registration rate). We can't make our budget at this price unless a bunch of folks sign up, so invite a friend and help make this the best Wintergreen ever!
(BFS members / non-members
|Extra Early (postmark by Oct 15)
$95 / $95
|Early (postmark by Dec 17)
$110 / $120
|Standard (after Dec 17 if there's still room)
$125 / $135
- Students (22 and under) -- $70 per person
- Non-dancers welcome -- $50 per person
- Saturday workshops only: (9 am - 4 pm, includes lunch) -- $45 per person
On-line registration is available or print the form at the bottom of this page and mail it to us.
A limited number of work scholarships ($65) are available. Please register and note "Scholarship Requested" on your form. We will contact you if a scholarship is available.
Tax deductible donations to the scholarship fund are gratefully accepted.
Registration is limited to the first 130 people who sign up. A confirmation letter with more details will be emailed to you.
If you must cancel, contact Laura at 406-586-3934 or email@example.com as soon as possible. If you cancel by January 10, $25 per person will be retained. For cancellations after January 10, there will be no refunds.
Saturday lunch and evening banquet are catered by The Bountiful Table featuring distinctive and creative natural cuisine. Both meat and vegetarian options are available. Energizing, healthy snacks and beverages are also provided throughout the weekend.
Several reasonably priced motels are close by. Make your own reservations. Home stays with Bozeman Folklore Society members can also be arranged (see registration form).
Some motel suggestions with approximate distances to The Emerson:
- Magnuson City Center: 2 blocks, 406-587-3158 (pool)
- Western Heritage Inn: 10 blocks, 406-586-8534 (full hot buffet breakfast, steam room, whirlpool)
- Lewis & Clark Motel: 7 blocks, 406-586-3341 (continental breakfast, hot tub, sauna)
- Rainbow Motel: 8 blocks, 406-587-4201 (wifi, continental breakfast)
- Voss Inn B&B: 4 blocks, 406-587-0982 (gourmet breakfast, classy rooms)
- Olive Branch Inn B&B: 6 blocks, 406-640-1710 (hearty continental breakfast, classy rooms)
Note about FRAGRANCES (or lack thereof):
Many members of the dance community have sensitivities or allergies to fragrances. Even for those that don't, the smell of perfumes can become unpleasantly powerful when dancing indoors with many people. Think of this as a sport. For the comfort and health of everyone, PLEASE DO NOT WEAR FRAGRANCES to Wintergreen. This includes perfume, aftershave, scented deodorant, hair and skin care products, and fabric softener. Fragrance-free soap will be provided in the restrooms.